Revealed: 2022 • 09 • 21
One of many nations I used to be determined to return to is South Korea. So when the Korean authorities introduced that it could lastly begin accepting vacationer visa functions once more, I used to be the primary to e-book flights.
The issue is that Korea is an especially fashionable vacation spot, particularly amongst Filipinos. Whereas the Korean Embassy in Manila continues to be attempting to get again to regular operations, visa functions have began to pile up. However it isn’t the whole lot. The embassy additionally issued a warning towards submitting fraudulent necessities similar to employment certificates, financial institution statements, ITR or different paperwork, suggesting a rise within the variety of questionable paperwork obtained. In line with the journey companies we interviewed, that is why the embassy has grow to be extra rigorous and meticulous in dealing with functions.
All this meant that the Embassy restricted the variety of functions it receives day by day. The earlier night candidates coming inside had been lining up in lengthy traces to ensure they bought there. I do know this as a result of I’ve tried it many instances! I stood in line for hours solely to be informed that they could not settle for my utility as a result of that they had already reached their day by day restrict.
Thankfully, the Korean Embassy lately launched a web based assembly system! The excellent news is that it eliminates the necessity to bodily spend the night time in line. The unhealthy information is that, as with every different new system, it might probably nonetheless get fairly complicated. Thankfully, I used to be capable of efficiently reserve a seat whereas documenting the complete course of. On this article, I’ll share with you precisely get a visa on the Korean Embassy.
However first, just a few reminders:
- Be sure you have with you:
– working e-mail handle. This will probably be wanted to obtain the authentication code.
– passport knowledge, particularly identify and surname and passport quantity.
- You can also make an appointment ONLY for your self, dad and mom and kids. Other than these circumstances, making use of for a gaggle or different folks shouldn’t be allowed.
- One of the best time to e-book is on Tuesday, when the embassy opens its seats for the approaching week. Nonetheless, some appointments open on different days if different candidates or the embassy itself cancels their appointment.
- Use the Google Chrome browser. I imagine it’s extra suitable with the location than different browsers.
- Rush. Slots depend down QUICKLY and vanish in minutes.
- This information is meant for particular person candidates solely. You too can apply by a delegated journey company.
This is make an appointment on the Korean Embassy to use for a visa:
WHAT DOES THIS GUIDE COVER?
You could find it at https://consul.mofa.go.kr/en/most important.do.
Within the tab APPLY FOR CONSULAR SERVICE, click on BOOKING A DIPLOMATIC MISSION TOUR. That is the primary button beneath this tab.
A popup will seem on the subsequent web page: Please log in as a non-member to entry this service. Click on OK. Then observe these steps.
- Enter your full identify from the passport you’ll use.
- Please enter your e-mail handle.
- Click on SEND AUTHORIZATION NUMBER. The system will ship the code to the e-mail handle offered by you. This often takes a few minute, however will be as much as half-hour in rush hour.
- Enter the obtained authorization quantity and click on VERIFY.
- Enter your cellphone or cell quantity within the contact info.
- Click on right here LOG IN NOT MEMBERSHIP.
Earlier than you get to this kind, you might first be redirected to a digital “ready room”, relying on how a lot customer site visitors is in the intervening time. The web page will present you ways lengthy (in seconds) you must wait earlier than going to the reserving web page.
On the Reserving web page, choose the next choices:
- Within the CHOOSE A DIPLOMATIC MISSION part, choose THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA EMBASSY IN THE REPUBLIC OF PHILIPPINES. That is the Korean Embassy in Manila. (It’s on the backside of the record.) Discover that there are two Filipino Missions within the record. The opposite is the Consulate Common in Cebu. Be sure you have chosen the right one.
- Within the CHOOSE CONSULAR SERVICE part, choose VISA (INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS FOR TOURISM). After which beneath it, test the field subsequent to VISA (INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS FOR TOURISM). That is the one area that may be chosen.
You will note that not all dates are clickable. Date that’s grayed out can’t be chosen. Please choose a date.
As soon as you’ve got chosen your date, click on the radio button subsequent to 09:30. That is the one Vacationer Visa utility time obtainable. Listed here are the time allocations:
- 08:30 – Accredited Journey Companies and Particular person Candidates for Household Go to and Filipino Spouses of Korean Residents
- 09:30 – Vacationer Visa Candidates Solely
- 10:30 – companies for PEA or seasonal employees and people making use of for official convention, leisure, sport, enterprise, research, spiritual go to, overseas diplomat, worldwide group and so on.
Despite the fact that that is the one choice, do not forget to mark 09:30 simply but. In any other case, you won’t be able to proceed to the subsequent step.
If all dates are grayed out and can’t be clicked, it signifies that there aren’t any extra time ranges obtainable in the intervening time. You may wait and maintain refreshing.
NOTE: Each TUESDAY the Embassy solely opens the slots for the approaching week. This makes Tuesday the perfect time to make an appointment. Nonetheless, that does not imply you will not have the ability to discover a slot on one other day. Generally the embassy or the applicant himself cancels a go to by organising refreshed locations for the taking.
Within the DETAILED REQUESTS part, enter your passport quantity! If you’re additionally making use of in your dad and mom / youngsters for this go to, it’s best to enter all of your full names and their corresponding passport numbers.
If you don’t fill within the DETAILED REQUESTS area, the Embassy will routinely cancel the go to and you’ll need to discover a new slot. I’ve realized this the onerous method, so do not make the identical mistake.
When the whole lot is OK, enter the CAPTCHA code and click on MAKE A BOOKING.
A be aware will seem. Test that every one knowledge is right. You will not have the ability to modify it later. If you wish to change something, you may have to cancel and make one other reservation. If the whole lot is right, click on OK.
You may be taken again to the BOOKING web page the place the scheduled appointment will now be displayed. On the suitable, beneath BOOKING CONFIRMATION, click on PRINT.
It seems like this:
IMPORTANT! Don’t forget to print or save a replica of this receipt. They’ll test this throughout their go to to the Embassy on the day of their go to. With out it, you won’t be able to enter the premises.
Additionally, you will obtain a affirmation e-mail.
Please carry the next:
- a printed or comfortable copy of the Reserving Affirmation
- Accomplished visa utility kind
- Passport and ID card
- All different required paperwork
IMPORTANT! Solely candidates whose names and passport numbers are said on the Reserving Affirmation will probably be allowed to enter the Embassy. If you’re caught making use of for somebody apart from you, your dad and mom or youngsters, you’ll be blacklisted by the Embassy.
I’ve not made an appointment. Can I nonetheless go to the embassy?
NOT. No matter the kind of visa you apply for, candidates are now not admitted to the premises.
An appointment is required to permit entry.
I can not discover a place. Is there some other option to apply for a visa?
YES. You may apply by a delegated journey company. They get their very own instances and hours.
Nonetheless, companies are additionally topic to a quota or restrict set by the Embassy. Relying on the variety of functions, journey brokers might refuse to just accept functions, particularly in case your journey date is approaching.
Ought to I nonetheless make a web based appointment if I am making use of by a journey agent?
NOT. The designated journey company should make an appointment on behalf of you and the opposite candidates.
Can I make an appointment for my partner (husband / spouse) or siblings (brother / sister)?
NOT. You may solely declare for your self, your dad and mom or your youngsters.
Somebody requested this query on the official web site of the Korean Embassy on Fb. In line with it, husbands and wives should make an appointment individually. I do know it sounds uncomfortable, however here is a screenshot:
All revealed Embassy bulletins point out dad and mom and kids solely. Spouses and siblings are disregarded although they’re additionally shut kinfolk.
The Embassy provides: “Your appointments for cousins, nephews, nieces and different kinfolk will probably be canceled by the Embassy.”
Can I make an appointment for my buddies who will probably be my companions on a visit to Korea?
NO, they’ve to rearrange a gathering place for themselves, even if you’re touring collectively.
Every applicant could make a reservation just for himself or for a dad or mum or little one. In case your companion shouldn’t be a dad or mum or little one, they have to make a separate appointment.
Can I make a number of appointments beneath my identify?
NOT. Solely conferences for you, a dad or mum or a baby will probably be accepted. All of your appointments will probably be canceled by the Embassy.
If you’re caught holding two or extra conferences beneath one identify, you and all different associated candidates will probably be blacklisted by the Embassy.
I maintain getting this error: The system has briefly failed. Please attempt once more later. What does it imply?
It reads: The system has briefly crashed. Please attempt once more later.
You may simply refresh the web page as it could show this error it doesn’t matter what you click on.